Temporary Activity Visa – 408 visa processing time This temporary visa allows you to visit Australia to participate in events sanctioned by the Australian Government.
The Classification of Type Events is Listed Below for Your Better Understanding
This visa allows you to stay in Australia to participate in an approved special program. Special programs may include youth exchange, cultural enrichment or community activities, school language helpers, or “gap year school volunteering.”
This visa allows you to work full-time for a religious institution in Australia. You and your family who apply for the permit with you may stay for up to two years.
This visa permits you to observe or participate in a research study at an Australian research or university institution. You and your family who apply with you for the visa can stay for up to two years.
If you are asked to participate in a community-based event, such as a sporting event, you can enter Australia on this visa. You and your family traveling with you on the passport can remain for up to three months.
This visa permits you to play, coach, instruct, or referee for an Australian team and participate in high-level sports training with a sporting organization. You and your family are permitted to stay in Australia for up to two years.
This temporary visa allows you to travel to Australia to work in the entertainment business as a performer, producer or support crew on film, television, or live projects. Family members might be included in your visa application.
This visa allows you to work as a crew member on a superyacht in Australia. You can stay here for up to a year.
This visa allows you to visit Australia as part of a staff exchange program with an Australian company. You and any family accompanying you on the ticket can stay up to two years.
This visa allows you to travel to Australia and work full-time in the family of select top overseas executives. You and your family members can stay for up to two years.
The 408 visa Allows Those Who Want To Visit Australia Temporarily to do The Following:
- As an invited participant, attend a conference.
- Make a living in the entertainment sector.
- Participate in a one-time cultural or social engagement organized by an Australia organization.
- Observe or take part in a research endeavor as an academic.
- Full-time religious work.
- Take part in a special program to strengthen international contacts and cultural exchange.
- Participate in high-level sports (including training).
- Working in a skilled role as part of a staff exchange program.
- Participate in an event supported by the Australian Government.
- Worked as a member of a superyacht crew.
- Full-time domestic employment at the home of certain prominent foreign executives.
408 visa processing time
The 408 visa processing time varies based on the type of employment and activity for which it is applied. The processing period might range from 6 days to 21 months. If you are unclear about the probable processing time, please get in touch with one of our migration specialists for additional information.
- To apply for a 408 visa, the visa applicant must meet the following requirements:
- When applying for a 408 visa outside of Australia, you must expect to stay in Australia for less than three months and have the approval of the organization/individual responsible for the event.
- Must be sponsored by a qualified sponsor.
- Must have adequate financial assistance and health insurance to pay the expense of the stay.
- The activity must have met the requirements of the 408 visa.