The temporary graduate visa- subclass 485, is the migration program for students who have just completed their studies in Australia. You can apply for this visa if you decide to continue staying in Australia after your student visa expires.
This visa is generally temporary, but you can make it permanent after working a few years in Australia. The important thing for applying temporary graduate visa 485 is that you should work in a related field to your studies and be required to stay in Australia’s regional zone.
Documents Requirement for the 485 Visa Application:
The Document that you should have for apply the 485 Visa Application are listed below:
- Ensure you have a copy of your passport pages with all the details.
- Proof of your finished studies: You need to submit the letter of completion, including the date when you started your studies and when you will complete them.
- Studies Record: You must submit a copy of your school transcripts with all the course grades.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency: You must submit proof that you have completed your International English Language test.
- Health insurance: You need to submit the Document that you have valid health insurance during your stay here. You should also confirm that you are part of Medicare.
- Character Documents: You should submit that proof that you applied for the National Police Check and other documents that show you are not involved in any criminal activities while staying here. For additional information, you should make sure that you provide a form 80 and form 1221.
- Skill assessment documents: You should go for the skill assessment for your nominated occupation should be submitted with your application. You need the skills assessment document for the graduate stream visa, not the post-study work visa.
- Partner documents: For your partner, you must provide their identification documents and carry a copy of the registered relationship and other similar documents.
Eligibility Criteria for a 485 Visa:
Some of the eligible criteria You need to meet eligibility criteria for the 485:
- It would be best if you were under the age of 50 years.
- It would be best if you held a valid student visa.
- You should hold a student visa for 6 months before you apply for a temporary graduate visa 485. You should receive one of the following degrees:
ü Bachelor degree
ü Bachelor’s degree (Honors)
ü Master’s degree (course work)
ü Master’s degree(extended)
ü Master’s (by research) degree
- It would be best if you studied at an Australian University.
- You should hold a previous 485 visa or a 476 visa.
- You should meet the skill requirement only for the graduate stream.
- Your occupation should list in the skilled occupation list only for the graduate stream.
Meet the Study Requirement for the Australia Visa 485:
The study program that you are following in Australia must meet the study requirement which you are eligible for a 485 visa:
- The course you are looking for was a part of CRICOS (Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students)
- It would be best if you held a valid student visa
- You must complete all the requirements of the course that are needed
- You study for at least two years or 92 weeks in total.
- You should not finish your study program in less than 16 months.
How should you apply for a temporary graduate Visa in Australia?
Some steps required to apply for a temporary graduate Visa 485 in Australia are listed below. You should follow these steps for applying for a Visa:
ü First, you should open an ImmiAccount
ü Attach all your required documents.
ü Pay the admission fee.
ü Submit your application form.
485 Visa New Rule:
Due to the Covid pandemic, some concessions are needed to apply for a visa. Your time in online classes is recorded as part of your study requirement. If you are affected by Covid, prove that you should attach this completed form 1545, and your education provider should complete the form.
The students generally apply for a Visa once they complete their studies and decide to work in Australia. To apply for this visa, you should submit all the proper documents above. You should satisfy all the eligibility criteria and study requirements for applying for the visa. Make sure you are capable of new rules framed due to the pandemic situation.